My Reading list

Anna's bookshelf: read

The Sorcerer's Concubine
Glass Sword
Red Queen
The Kill Order
Sinful Cinderella
Freeks
Caraval
The Fault in Our Stars
Red Mark
Eighth Grade Bites
What's Left of Me
Once Bitten
Through the Ever Night
Days of Blood & Starlight
The Sea of Monsters
Fairest
The Lightning Thief
The White Aura
Scarlet
Twilight


Anna Engelman's favorite books »

5/5/15

A few Reviews + updates

Before I start I'm going to make sure everyone knows, I've been up for almost 24 hours at the time I'm writing these reviews. I can remember events, and situations, but I can't remember names. I'm also bound to make a spelling mistake at some point.

Fate's Exchange by Sasha Leigh

I have to give this book a 4 out of 5 stars.

This review will contain **Spoilers**

This was definitely interesting, and I would read the next book happily. Sadly however, this review is going to be lacking, as it's been a few days since I've read this book. But I will admit that I like Alyssa.

I hate her friend though, so much so that I can't even remember her name. I don't see why she would just disappear like that, even if they were drifting apart, why would she lead her on? I mean seriously what kind of heartless person does that.

Then after she was upset by that, David had to die. It makes sense though, a balance had to be kept, It says that right in the description, but oh well.

Her old friend gets on my nerves, and yes I can't remember her name either. I can understand, but seriously, does she really think that after a year of bullying and being a bitch, that she can just walk up to her after the most traumatic experience of her life and be her friend again.

Also I have to touch on one subject, when she accidentally kills herself in the first place, she would have felt it before it got too far, even with blood circulation cut off, you still have nerves, and trust me that hurts. Also with blood circulation cut off , she probably wouldn't have bled to death until a lot later.

Aside from the few human decisions in the book that I don't see any sane person making, that book itself was great, the things I listed were in the end of the book, the beginning of the book lacks those problems.

I recommend this book, it's a really good read. It took me a couple days but I had important things to do while I was reading it.


Starfire Angels by Melanie Nilles
I have to give this book a 3.5 out of 5 stars.

This review will contain **Spoilers**

Same as with the first one, it's been a few days, or well a day since I've read this one, but I really liked it. The whole 'Dark Angel' things is always a favorite of mine.

It was made even better with the inside joke by her 'Dark Angel' Obsessed friend, I actually giggled out loud and it was totally deserved.

Also I probably would have questioned my hands a long time ago, that's not a normal marking, and I would never believe a human being could have been born with that marking on their hands.

I don't know how I feel about the Starfire, Aside from happy that they killed Pallin, seriously, the dude had to die. Also it bothers me, if he's not able to touch her, because of the starfire, how was he able to rape her in the first place,.

I loved the reporter aspect, I mean, I know how reporters can be, and they'll do anything to get a story. And that was a break through story. Or would have been, had she stuck to most of her business, and hadn't been right there.

Again, I recommend this book also, just be prepared for some grammatical errors. Nothing serious. Also this took me less then 12 hours to read.

Dollhouse by Anya Allyn
I have to give this book a 4.5 out of 5 stars.

This review will contain **Spoilers**

Yes. No. Wait, what. Yes read it, no I hated the cliffhanger, and I have to read the next book.

This book, just this book. There were some grammatical errors, but I just skipped over those.

This was amazing, I rarely venture away from any kind of romance, but I'm glad I did in this case. This beat out a lot of the romance books I've read recently.

I also really liked the names, Jessamine, Calliope, Angeline, Philomena, Missouri,Sophranie, Evander. All interesting.

But this ending, I mean I can't stand reading about children dieing. They were so close, if only Ethan had told them what he knew. Well actually I wish the readers knew what he knew. But I'm sure all of that will be released in the second book.

I'm very intrigued by this book, how would someone come up with something like this. It's brilliantly thought out, well written. The plot is great. Although some things are easier to figure out, while other things happen and they just kinda flip a table at you.

I would highly recommend this book to anyone, it's a great read, it's has it's humor, it's a mystery, and true to it's genre, it's a thriller. This book took me all of less then 5 hours to read it.



Now for a quick little update. I'm opening review requests, Any books, any length, any genre. Self published, traditionally published, not published. You can request a review in the Request a Review box at the bottom of the page.

I can and will be a beta reader, an editor, someone you can just contact to brainstorm with, or just someone that will listen to your problems.

You can also ask questions there. After I get a few questions I'll make a post answering them.

No comments:

Post a Comment