My Reading list

Anna's bookshelf: read

The Sorcerer's Concubine
Glass Sword
Red Queen
The Kill Order
Sinful Cinderella
Freeks
Caraval
The Fault in Our Stars
Red Mark
Eighth Grade Bites
What's Left of Me
Once Bitten
Through the Ever Night
Days of Blood & Starlight
The Sea of Monsters
Fairest
The Lightning Thief
The White Aura
Scarlet
Twilight


Anna Engelman's favorite books »

4/24/15

Few Are Angels by Inger Iversen

I have to give this book a 3.5 stars out of 5.

This review will contain **Spoilers**

My reason for the rating is one that might not have bothered me if it hadn't made me reread a few things. The grammar is little off, and the book is very repetitive. And it definitely leaves you not the happiest with the book.

I actually had to sit on this rating for a day, I couldn't decide if I wanted to give it a 3 stars or 4 stars, and I had to list reasons for it.

Reasons to give it 3 stars.
Repetitive.
Bad grammar.
Needs editing.

Reasons for 4 stars.
Great idea.
Loved the plot.
characters were filled out.

I didn't really get anymore for either of them, so I just decided I'd give it the 3.5 and give everyone my reasons for it.

Besides for the book needing to be edited about 5 more times, and then another 3, it's a good, well actually a rather great book. Iversen's writing is great, sadly though, the lack of editing made it hard for me to really like the book, yet I loved the book.

Ella is the new arc, she's supposed to be the one that can see the future, she's getting ready to go to the council mandated place shes assigned to, when Laurent's men attack, and this and this happens, but I won't tell you, because that would spoil the ending.

I'm slightly peeved by the fact that she wouldn't be able to see Kale again, and yet she decides to bring Alex with. I understand childhood friendship, but her lover that she is abandoning pretty much is right there when she asks. I just see that as cruel.

I would recommend this book, but you have to have a strong, I guess stomach, to handle the grammar mistakes. If you can handle them, this book is great, and I would say read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment