My Reading list

Anna's bookshelf: read

The Sorcerer's Concubine
Glass Sword
Red Queen
The Kill Order
Sinful Cinderella
Freeks
Caraval
The Fault in Our Stars
Red Mark
Eighth Grade Bites
What's Left of Me
Once Bitten
Through the Ever Night
Days of Blood & Starlight
The Sea of Monsters
Fairest
The Lightning Thief
The White Aura
Scarlet
Twilight


Anna Engelman's favorite books »

12/16/14

Kiss of Fire by Rebecca Ethington

I have to give this book a 4.5 out of 5 stars

This review will contain **Spoilers**

First before I start this review, I waited 2 days to do it, and I couldn't remember the story for the life of me, so I went onto goodreads to read the synopsis, and I got to the first word "Jocyln Despain" and I remembered the entire story.

Anyways, this is a good book, and I threw a major fit at the end, because it just ended like that. It wasn't even fair.My only problem was that it kept switching views on me, and tenses. I know how difficult it is, but it's also very annoying.

Joclyn was a great character actually, I enjoyed most of what she went through, but I feel like she blacked out way too much, even if against her own will. And I'm pretty sure I would have figured out the warmth from my best friend was magic after so long.

Ryland, I can't really say much, aside from I feel really bad for him and all of his family, Ovailia included. Edmund just seems like the perfect villain in this book.

Wynifred, I like her name, wait the last book I say with someone named Wynifred I like their name too, but that was a boy. And I love her magic, like OMG destructive enough to scare her own dad, and she just sounds like she would be an amazing person to hang out with.

Ilyan, King of the what the word is, I think he's far too nice for his own good, it's going to get them all killed. But it's nice anyways. You can also tell he doesn't like all the formality that comes with being the king.

Ovailia is a b*!(# seriously, like hardcore, I hated her, from the moment I met her, it was that bad. I really don't have much to say besides for she really needs to get over herself, Jos is the last chosen child, can't she be happy that she's safe.

I've gotten too lazy to go over all the people I remember, but I love this book, and I love the characters, and there in a high supply here, everyone has a name and something you can tell about them.

I would recommend this book. It's actually a neat read, it doesn't fit into any of the supernatural being categories simple because they aren't elves, witches, vampires, or any of the other things, just magic.
Also it's very upsetting when Edmund takes all of Ryland's memories of Joclyn away.

No comments:

Post a Comment