My Reading list

Anna's bookshelf: read

The Sorcerer's Concubine
Glass Sword
Red Queen
The Kill Order
Sinful Cinderella
Freeks
Caraval
The Fault in Our Stars
Red Mark
Eighth Grade Bites
What's Left of Me
Once Bitten
Through the Ever Night
Days of Blood & Starlight
The Sea of Monsters
Fairest
The Lightning Thief
The White Aura
Scarlet
Twilight


Anna Engelman's favorite books »

12/16/14

Hidden by M. Lathan

I have to give this book a 5 out of 5 stars.

This review will contain **Spoilers**

I seriously don't even want to get started here, this book is a amazing. I've never had a book actually make me break down in tears. But having a baby now, I understand how hard it must have been on Lydia.

But lets start with Christine/Leah Christine is a sweet girl, whose in love with a shifter, even though she's a hunter but thinks she's a witch, she lived at an orphanage where her name was Leah, and she was a quiet, lonely girl, getting bullied all the time, with the thought that she could kill everyone right then and there, with just a thought. And she could have. Sometimes I wish she would have. But Leah was saved by Sophia to finally become Christine, brought to what she thought was her parents old home, but was only her moms home, a long long time ago, because it was her grandparents house.

Her mother, who up until the right before the end, and she gets her memory returned to that, is Catherine Grant, but in all reality her mom is Lydia Shaw, the person solely responsible for ending the war between humans and magic kind.

I don't even care about the other characters, what happens between Lydia and Christine is one of the saddest things ever. Having to leave your baby, knowing it will be for the best, is never an easy thing. I can hardly leave my baby with my grandma for more then a few hours.

Lydia Shaw, was pretty much running for her life from the government, by working for them, but she was trying to find the biggest complication in her life, Kamon, because she wouldn't be able to live with herself if her baby was captured and bred the way Kamon had been taught by the reason she was running.

You learn so much about Lydia and Christine so quickly, and you remember it, however, Christine doesn't, she knows Lydia Shaw again as the fierce woman who kills magic kind, except for her boyfriend, friends, and the witch maid.

This is a great book, I really do recommend it, and I want people to read this book, it's free on Amazon, but it's worth so much more then that. Lathan is an amazing writer, and I am going to buy the next 2 books, and wait patiently for the 4th book as well.

Well I'm going to have to decide if I'm going to read or listen to the music Lathan used for inspiration for the book and characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment