My Reading list

Anna's bookshelf: read

The Sorcerer's Concubine
Glass Sword
Red Queen
The Kill Order
Sinful Cinderella
Freeks
Caraval
The Fault in Our Stars
Red Mark
Eighth Grade Bites
What's Left of Me
Once Bitten
Through the Ever Night
Days of Blood & Starlight
The Sea of Monsters
Fairest
The Lightning Thief
The White Aura
Scarlet
Twilight


Anna Engelman's favorite books »

12/29/14

Origins by Kristen Middleton

I have to give this book a 5 out of 5 stars.

This review will contain **Spoilers**

I am being a little generous with the 5 stars, but I feel this book really deserves it. For a few reasons, one of the main ones being, there aren't actually that many YA books out there about zombies, or at least not many that I've read. And then this had some really great fighting scenes, raging male hormones, and quite a bit of humor.

Definitely worth the read.

Cassie is an overall bad ass. Black belt martial artists, knows how to shoot a gun, and definitely won't take no for an answer.

Bryce is the kind of guy you would dream about. Good looking, great with kids, strong, but knows when to let the woman take charge.

I'm kinda curious what happened in the two days her dad was gone, I mean, it's possible he holed up somewhere, and couldn't get to a phone, so that would make sense, but what about food, and water.

I've read on other reviews of this book that it isn't right to be thinking about your manicure or boys during a zombie apocalypse. Well here's a good question, if you don't think about something stupid and pointless and you have to focus on the big problem, right? What's going to happen, you're going to freak out, so if you can focus on something smaller that has very little importance to anyone, then you can give your mind a break.

I'm actually excited to read the next books, if I can get them ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment